- No products in the cart.
Hello, ¿can you help me with the RAMPS wiring? I don’t know where to connect each cable (do you have a wiring diagram?).
Also how to calibrate the board.
[original question in Spanish by user jaimetauste]
RAMPS wiring diagram
Here you have a generic RAMPS wiring diagram that can help you, from the RepRap wiki, and then we’ll give you the specific details for wiring an M Prime One:
The connections you have to make for the M Prime One are:
- Power supply. Connect a 12V power supply to the RAMPS supply screw terminal. If you connect it wrong you can damage the board. The positive power supply output (12V, usually red wire) to the positive board input and the negative power supply output (0V, ground, usually black wire) to the negative board input. RAMPS has two parallel power inputs, you can just use one of them (preferably the 11 amps input).
- X, Y, Z motors. Plug the 4 pin female connector into the board 4 pin male connectors for the motors. The black wire should be the nearest to the power supply inputs. If you connect these wires reversed, it will only affect the motor rotation direction.
- Extruder motor. Plug the 4 pin female connector into the 4 pin male connectors for the extruder motor. The black wire should be the nearest to the power supply inputs. If you connect these wires reversed, it will only affect the motor rotation direction..
- Hotend power. Connect the hotend resistor cables to the D10 screw terminals. Polarity is indifferent.
- Hotend thermistor. Plug the thermistor connector into the T0 board input. Polarity is indifferent.
- Layer fan power. Layer fan is optional, although the M Prime One is designed to use a 40x40mm layer fan to cool the printed parts. If you have it, connect the fan cables to the D9) screw terminal of the board, positive (red) cable to the positive (+) input and negative (black) cable to the negative (-) input. Wrong polarity can damage the fan.
- Hotend fan power. Most metal hotends, like the E3Dlite6, use a cooling fan that always has to be working at 100% when printing. To achieve this, you can connect the fan cables directly to the power supply screw terminal. Positive (red) cable to the positive (+) input and negative (black) cable to the negative (-) input. Wrong polarity can damage the fan.
- X, Y endstops. Plug the 3 pin female connectors to the endstop inputs, following the board markings: S input (signal, yellow/white wire), + (positive, red wire) and – (0V, ground, black wire).
- X endstop is a X MAX endstop, should be plugged into the connector between the X and Y markings of the board (the second endstop bay starting from the side nearest to the board power supply).
- Y endstop is a Y MIN endstop, should be plugged into the connector marked with an Y El endstop del eje Y debe ir conectado a la entrada Y MIN, marcada con una Y (the second endstop bay starting from the side nearest to the board power supply).
- Bed leveling probe. The new bed probe can be connected directly to the Z MIN endstop input (the one marked with a Z), as is detailed in the product page: http://mprime.io/product/inductive-sensor/.