- No products in the cart.
What settings would you recomend to use when printing the structure parts?
- the material recomended (i.e. PLA for the general structure and ABS for parts near heat sources ) ?
- what fill rate should i use ? ( 100%??? for strenght )
- layer thickness you used for the part you used ?
PS: I wanted to purchase the printed parts from here (http://mprime.io/) , but it seems your site only supports shipping to EU regions, even maybe spain? .. and well.. iIm in canada. Would be really nice to be able to buy the printed parts instead of bothering some coworker to print them for me …
Answering to your postcript, we will gladly give you a quote for the printed parts (and/or any other component that you want) and shipping to Canada. We don’t have your email, so you’ll have to send us an email to email@example.com.
We can give you the material and settings we use to produce our parts
- Material is PLA, easy to print and good mechanical properties.
- Fill rate about 25%.
- Layer thickness 0.2mm, which is a value that gives both good finish and fast printing times.
You can use more demanding settings, like higher infill percentage or other materials (ABS, nylon…) but in our experience this combination will work fine.
Heat resistance hasn’t been a problem for us, since we don’t use a heated bed and the only hot part is the hotend, which is holded by its cold end. Also, the parts aren’t meant to support great forces. That’s why PLA and normal infill settings are OK to print the parts of the M Prime One.